- About Us
- Our Issues
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Food Pantry Network
- Press Room
Guidelines: Greater Philadelphia Food Stamp Challenge
|Read Stories from Participants|
|Who Took the Challenge?|
|Real Stories: Families Who Use Food Stamps|
|Food Stamp Facts |
Total food budget: $35 for the week (April 23-29)
- All food purchased and eaten during the Challenge, including dining out, must be counted. (*Note: In reality, food stamps cannot be spent at restaurants or fast-food establishments in Pennsylvania).
- Only eat food that you bought for the Challenge. Do not eat food that you already purchased. This does not includes spices and condiments.
- You do not have to include the entire price of a food item purchased, if you consumed only a portion of it. For instance, if you ate only half a box of pasta during the week, you only need to include half the price of that box in your total.
- Planning to take the Challenge with your family? Check out our chart with the food stamp budget for your household size.
Try not to cheat!
- Avoid accepting free food from friends, family or work.
- Keep track of your receipts, and take notes on your thoughts and experiences.