Pennsylvania’s summer 2022 Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) plan was approved and benefits have been distributed! These benefits will help families cover the cost of school meals that their eligible children missed out on during the 2022 summer months. Benefits have been issued to eligible children as follows:
All eligible kids received benefits in a single payment of $391 to cover the entire summer of 2022.
Pennsylvania has a new P-EBT hotline number 1-877-343-0179. The hotline is currently receiving more calls than it can handle, which is why you may hear a busy signal. In order to get through, you may have to call back a few times.
If summer 2022 was the first time your child was eligible for P-EBT benefits and they don't receive SNAP, you should have been mailed a P-EBT card. If you haven't received the card yet, keep an eye on your mail, as it may still arrive in November.
- Eligible K-12 students who were signed up for Free or Reduced-Price Meals (FRP) or who attended a school that participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) in the 2021-2022 school year got their P-EBT payment in early to mid October 2022. Check if your child attended a CEP school here.
- Kids who signed up for Free or Reduced-Price Meals after May 2022 but before August 21, 2022, got their P-EBT payment in mid October 2022.
- P-EBT payments will be put on your SNAP EBT card or a previously issued P-EBT card. If a child is newly eligible for P-EBT and not on SNAP (Food Stamps), the state will mail you a new P-EBT card to the address your school has on file. Card may still arrive in November.
Young Children (ages 0-5):
- All young children ages 0-5 who were on SNAP at some point during the months of June, July, or August 2022, got a P-EBT payment in late October 2022.
- The P-EBT payment was put onto your SNAP EBT card, even if you no longer receive SNAP benefits. If you no longer have your SNAP EBT card, you can request a replacement by calling 1-877-395-8930.
P-EBT Parent Portal:
- You can check if your child got a summer P-EBT payment at cutt.ly/pebtportal.
- *The portal is not mobile friendly, and your child's information will need to match exactly what the state has on file via your child's school or SNAP record.
For more information, visit justharvest.org/pebt-faq. To learn more about P-EBT for school aged kids in the 2021-2022 school year, check out our P-EBT Basics Flyer or download translated versions of the flyer at hungercoalition.org/pebt-2021-2022.