Good news! Pennsylvania has been approved to issue P-EBT benefits to kids ages 0-5 who were receiving SNAP in the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible for this benefit, your child must:
- Have been between the ages of 0-5 AND
- Have received SNAP at some point between September 1, 2022 and May 11, 2023.*
*Note: Your child will only receive a P-EBT benefit for months in which they were receiving SNAP and were ages 0-5. If your child did not meet both rules for every month of the school year (September-May), they will get a partial P-EBT benefit only covering the months they were eligible.
The P-EBT payment will be deposited on your SNAP EBT card even if you no longer get SNAP. If you no longer have your SNAP EBT card, you can request a new one by calling 1-877-395-8930 (Statewide) or 1-215-560-7226 (Philadelphia).
The P-EBT for kids ages 0-5 will be sent in two stages:
- Payment 1: This payment covers September - December 31, 2022 and is scheduled to be distributed in the next couple of weeks. See how much P-EBT your child will get depending on how many months they received SNAP below:
- Payment 2: This payment covers January 1 - May 11, 2023* and will likely go out sometime in July. The payment amount for the second payment has not yet been determined. We will update you when we have more information on the payment amount and expected payment date.
* P-EBT is tied to the Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE), which ended on May 11, 2023. Because of this, the P-EBT payment for May will be a smaller payment covering only May 1-11.
Later in May, you can check your SNAP balance to see if your P-EBT Payment has been deposited on the MyCOMPASS PA phone app or by visiting www.connectebt.com.