Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities to fight hunger!
Volunteer days and hours are flexible, including evenings. Short- and long-term volunteers are welcome. No experience necessary.
Interested in volunteering at food pantry or soup kitchen? Donate your time with one of our partner organizations. Read more
VOLUNTEER: Administrative Work
Contact: Laura Wall, Executive Director: email@example.com
Would you like to apply your professional office skills to support the Coalition's efforts to fight hunger in our community? We're in need of friendly, energetic volunteers to be trained to answer telephone calls from those interested in finding a food pantry or learning about benefits.
Flexible hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
VOLUNTEER: Connect Families with Food Assistance
Contact: Noelle Dames, Outreach Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in volunteering your time to help families put food on the table? Volunteers will gain knowledge and develop a range of skills in connecting families, seniors and other low-income individuals with the food assistance they need.
- Screening callers to the SNAP Hotline to see if they qualify for SNAP or other public programs
- Attending community events and delivering presentations to educate community members about hunger and food assistance programs
- Helping clients complete applications over the phone or in person
- Canvassing in diverse communities, distributing information on food resource to area residents
- Conducting phone research and follow-up calls with clients
For other ways to get involved in anti-hunger issues:
View volunteer opportunities at our partner organizations: Pack bags or prepare and serve meals at a local food pantry or soup kitchen in Philadelphia.
Sign up for our newsletter: Receive monthly updates from the Coalition and action alerts, so you can take action on important issues affecting Pennsylvania families.
Visit the United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania: Search the United Way's database of volunteer opportunities in your community.