IMAGINE THE COURAGE IT TAKES TO PICK UP THE PHONE, CALL A TOTAL STRANGER AND ADMIT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED YOUR FAMILY.
At our office this happens dozens of times per day. Hearing the stories of mothers searching for the closest food pantry so that she can feed her family, or of seniors looking for help completing a food stamp application are never easy; but it's much harder knowing that these are our friends and neighbors that are struggling.
For nearly two decades, The Coalition Against Hunger has fought hunger in our region. Throughout that time, one truth has remained: Hunger is preventable.
Join us in the fight to eliminate hunger in our community — Be a Hunger Fighter.
In 2015 with your help we:
- Screened over 3,000 households, representing 5,000 people, for vital SNAP benefits.
- Connected nearly 4,000 children to free summer meals through our Summer Meals Hotline.
- Provided 278 families with nearly 30,000 pounds of healthy food, and nutrition education at our Green Light Pantries.
- Supported 106 food pantries and soup kitchens in the area.
- Provided important advocacy to ensure that programs that help feed families remain strong.
Please help us to continue the fight to ensure all people have the food they need to lead healthy lives. Give Today.
You may also send a check or money order to our office at:
1725 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Do you donate to the United Way at your workplace? You can designate us to receive your donation through Donor's Choice. Our Donor's Choice number is 15757!
The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger is a public charity under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is registered with the PA Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations. Information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1.800.732.0999. Contributions are deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Coalition’s tax exempt ID number is 26-2727680.